[media id=6 width=480 height=380]
Had the best time on The View this morning- and almost more fun than the segment itself was the research to scout out the amazing freebie finds. I am a nerd like that- I love the research part of segments- always the best excuse to find out stuff I want to know anyway.
In case you missed it- here are some of the highlights from the segment- and would love to hear any of your favorite fashion and beauty freebie resources, so please post comments and spill your secrets...
TWITTER & FACEBOOK
It is so important for brands to have a presence on Twitter, and the best way for them to do it is to encourage people to interact with them on the network- and to motivate potential customers to interact, brands hold the carrot of freebies in front of them.
- @Ahava_US gives away full size products and gift sets every week. Personal favorites include their eye makeup remover, hand cream and bath salts.
- @Revlon does large scale giveaways to Twitter followers every month. In November, they are giving away 500 pieces of the Revlon Fire & Ice collection- a selection of lip and nail enamel shades which bring back some of the most popular shades launched in the 1950’s.
- Nordstrom Beauty on Facebook: Sample Saturdays is a weekly sampling program that Nordstrom Beauty promotes on Facebook and Twitter by revealing one product each Friday that will be available as a sample in the cosmetics and fragrance department in all of the stores the following day. You can get samples in Nordstrom every day, actually- but Saturdays always features a little something special. This coming Saturday, November 13th, they are going to be sampling the NEW Prada Infusion d’Iris- you get the most perfect travel-friendly mini spritzer filled with the scent- and it is one of my personal favorites for Fall.
Brands love to engage customers with their story and also of course sell to them directly off their own websites- so if it means shelling out a few freebies to get you on there, they are happy to oblige.
- Register on GOSMiLE’s new website and opt-in to their newsletter and they will send you a pack of their celeb fave GOSMiLE Touch Ups- you get a week’s worth of bright smile boosters for free.
Getting people to get out and shop is more and more challenging with the popularity of online shopping- so to motivate people and engage them with store staff, brands and retailers and pulling out all the stops, treating customers to a barrage of pampering services.
- In CVS/pharmacy, Duane Reade Look Boutiques and Walgreens where Lierac Paris skincare is sold, customers can speak with a beauty advisor on-hand and receive a free skin consultation and samples any day. On November 10th and 11th, Lierac is hosting a nationwide event in every CVS, DR and Walgreens offering free Lierac consults, free mini-facials, samples, and prizes (depending on location.) Log onto www.lierac-usa.com to find a location.
- Fresh offers free 30 minute services in their stores nationwide- there are amazing facials to choose from, something for every skin type. They take you back into a spa room and everything- it is their way of engaging you with products- they of course hope you will buy something but you are never obligated to! Plus you can walk away with complimentary deluxe samples, such as theaward-winning Brown Sugar Body Polish, ($15 value), Soy Face Cleanser, and Black Tea Age Delay Face Cream to recreate these pampering treatments at home.
FREE SAMPLES WITH ANY PURCHASE
Whenever you are checking out- be on the lookout for freebie samples. Many e-tailers offer them- and they let you choose your own. It may be hard to find the fine print, but if you know where to look, there are fab freebies to be found.
- Anytime shoppers make a purchase on Beauty.com (no purchase requirements – spend $5 or spend $500), they are able to select their choice of three samples from popular brands on the site. At any time there are anywhere from 9 to 12 different samples to choose from, and offerings rotate approximately every two weeks. So it is easy to stock up on your tried and true beauty essentials and have the chance to try something new, for FREE.
HOST A PARTY & GET FREE GOODS:
Some companies will give you free products if you are willing to throw a party at your house. It can be a jewelry party or a clothing party.
- Host a Lia Sophia jewelry party and get free baubles. All you need to do is contact a local Lia Sophia rep (www.liassophia.com) and offer to host, they send you samples to sell from and you get freebies. lia sophia Hostesses receive 20% of their show sales in free merchandise. With an average Show ($600), a typical Hostess earns $120 in free jewelry- not too shabby, huh?