I was abnormally excited to watch the Emmy Awards on Sunday night. By the time we get to the Oscars I tend to get a little bored by the whole red carpet ritual- but since the Emmys always fall right when I am feeling a little starved for fresh glamour (love that it is before Fashion Week this year, actually- gets me warmed up) I watched with full focus, paying attention to every detail.
Below- my two cents. Sorry I didn't insert images but mind you I am still kind of new at this blogging thing and wasn't quite sure how to get them in neatly. Also- if you read my blog, I am guessing you watched the awards and have been scoping out photos ever since- because that is just the kind of people we are, right? Oh- and curious to hear your thoughts- so please comment below. I get lonely :)
- Lea Michele: Her body looks amazing, her hair stunning, and really adoring her matte finish foundation and lip with a heavily lined, but not quite smokey, eye.
- Stephanie Pratt: I feel ridiculous even typing her name under a header called Emmys, but she did look gorge. I am really into the simple, flawless, slightly bronzed complexion with a matte nude lip. Sarah Lucero, Stila Celebrity Makeup Artist who created the look, told me she used Stila Lip Enamel in Nirvana with Convertible Color in Gerbera on top.
- Kyra Sedgwick: The wavy, simple hair is so pretty, and you can never go even close to wrong with anything by Monique Lhuillier.
- Julie Benz: The white dress is statuesque and fit so perfectly. And I always love a sleek ponytail (albeit with what I suspect is a massive clip in hair extension) paired with a gown.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus: She always brings it on the red carpet. And every year for some reason I am surprised- I really shouldn't be. Her hair looks so healthy, I don't mind that it is kinda slicked down. But what really did it for me- the jewelry. The green jade earrings are pretty damn amazing. If I had those, I would wear them literally every single day. (I hope my husband is reading this.)
- Jennifer Carpenter: The silhouette of her dress was simple and conservative, but the fact that it was covered in sequins made it elegant and interesting. Also really into her beautiful curls, cascading over a shoulder thanks to a perfectly placed side part.
NOT SO MUCH:
- January Jones: I always feel like she tries a little too hard to make an edgy fashion statement. One thing I can never stand- people trying too hard. At anything.
- Christina Hendricks: The dress was really milk-maid like. And she really needs her teeth whitened. Sorry, I hate being mean but hey, when it comes to celebs who literally do live the most charmed lives ever, I don't feel too terrible so may as well be honest.
- Kelly Obsourne: She needed blush, big time. Her body, on the other hand- wow. Inspiring transformation.
- Rose Byrne: I am certainly not of the school that not a hair should be out of place on the red carpet- but her insane amount of matted frizz was a bit too much for me. Some nice texture along the hairline, I'll take it. But this? Birds may have taken up residence in there.