MVP(s) of My Makeup Bag: Travel Must-Haves
This week is a crazy one for me- traveling to 4 cities in 4 days to do local television appearances. I actually really have come to love traveling solo- over the past 4 years of doing this, I have come to know my cities well and made many local media friends that I get to catch up with every time I come to town. Another fun outcome of all this travel has been the innate ability to pack a tightly edited makeup bag with products that do the trick on-air (most stations I go to ask me to arrive makeup ready) and also can be used with a lighter touch for travel and off-hours.
So- what made the cut this trip? Read on to find out...
- Stila One Step Correct: So cool- an amazing primer with ribbons of green, peach and lavender built into the formula to counteract any redness and dull spots for a perfectly even complexion.
- Ahava Mineral Makeup Light Foundation: Coming out Sept 1- I can't recommend it enough. Gives the most amazing matte finish that isn't heavy at all, and is enriched with minerals from the Dead Sea that improve and protect skin daily.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin: Already declared my love for this guy...
- Urban Decay Naked Palette: This one too...
- Tarte Matte Waterproof Bronzer: I am very anti-shimmer when it comes to bronzer- this looks completely natural and is very buildable depending on how bronze I feel like going. Also works for contouring.
- Jouer Blush in Blossom: The most flattering coral-y peach shade.
- Benefit Moon Beam Highlighter: This is the mini (I LOVE minis) from the Her Name was Glowla kit that I happen to be kind of obsessed with right now.
- Stila Waterproof Liquid Liner: The long thin point makes is fool-proof to apply, and you can even sleep in it and wake unscathed.
- Sephora Advanced Lash Boost Mascara: This makes me feel like I am killing two birds with one stone- growing longer, lusher lashes while applying my daily dose of mascara.
- Cle de Peau Concealer: My love for this declared in this piece from Chicago Sun Times, I still never leave home without it. The color melts into the skin, covering any and all imperfections (especially redness) perfectly. Crucial for tv lighting.
- Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Damned: About as dramatic as you can get- very sexy.
- Nars Tzarine Eyeshadow Duo: For on-site touch ups, this new Nars duo has a gorgeous pair of shimmering shadows tucked inside- a platinum gold with silver and gold shimmer and a sparkling steel grey.